PHH Mortgage Company LLC
211 East 7th Street
Austin, TX 78701
350 Cee Run
Bertram, TX 78605
Re: Recent Contretemps
Dear Mr. McCrae-
I deeply regret your recent travails with your mortgage payoff experience and am committed to do everything possible to remedy the current unfortunate situation and also ensure that none of our other clients fall so deeply through the cracks. We are currently servicing 2,998,736 mortgages, 1,889,241 owned by us and 1,109,495 owned by others who employ us to provide the generally exceptional service of which we are quite capable, and of which we are quite proud. We are initiating, and closing approximately 370 mortgages daily in the 46 states we operate in, about 3% of the property in America, and I assure you that your case is not representative of our normative business dealings. Your experience appears to be quite unnatural and I have taken charge of the situation personally in order to cure your own distress and ensure that our other clients experience nothing like your own issues.
As a first step, please accept your notarized mortgage lien release and the attached $50,000 payment for your own damages and consequent distress over the past year. We hope you will consider us for your future needs and would like a chance to display our normal world class services should you decide to acquire any more property, in Texas or elsewhere. We have reported our error in your case to the local credit bureaus in your area.
We have already addressed your other concerns appropriately by the following actions:
1. Termination of all business dealings with BBDFTE, including stopping all foreclosure actions currently underway until interviews can be completed with all adverse parties and any situation sorted out equitably and responsibly. We expect to recover any attendant expense through BBDFTE’s performance bond. We have expressed our displeasure with their service quite clearly and forcefully.
2. Reappraisal of all our similar business dealings with our other various other legal subcontractors, to identify and resolve any other similar issues we may encounter and identify.
3. Development and initiation of robust internal controls to provide selection and continuous audit criteria to ensure baseline competence and motivate identifiable and continual service improvement within the organization of anyone selected to act in our behalf.
4. Establishment of a direct hotline, email and twitter account to my office, with minimum 4-hour response to any directly expressed concerns of our future clients. Simply put, these situations are of no benefit to either of us, and need to be quickly resolved while the issue is manageable.
5. Your experience with your designated single point of contact was unacceptable to all of us. We have located her, and she has been reassigned work as a cafeteria lady in our headquarters office. She is currently responsible for the maintenance and stocking of the Keurig machine on the 3rd floor. We hear favorable reports from our other employees of her current work.
6. We have opened a corporate account to fund all expense associated with our initial business adaptations this year. We expect continuing cost will be more than covered by our continuing earnings, and elimination of legal expense. We have killed all our lawyers.
We hope these notable changes in our behavior meet with your approval, and the approval of the class you are representing. We are happy to share data with you over the next five years in order to demonstrate our sincere commitment, and would appreciate any input you may be willing to share.
Chief Executive Officer