I thought back on what went wrong. I was wondering why we couldn’t get a miracle started up. I thought back to my five favorite miracles...
1) Feeding the 5000 - I used to work for Domino’s Pizza in East Lansing, and I know we delivered more than a thousand pizzas on weekend nights, and close to two thousand if they had a football game. In the Year -0- there was no Domino’s. This was a serious miracle back then. Today - 5 Billion people wake up hungry? I suppose a few die. Still - Thank You for our Daily Bread. The sparrows don’t worry.
2) Lazarus - Cut your finger? Skin your knee? Take a bullet in your head? Need a heart transplant? Is Ebola coming to your town? Doctors do pretty good these days, if you can get there. Did you die yesterday? Gee, that’s too bad. Actually, I have died and come back. Kind of regular now.
3) Calming the storm - Jesus was asleep in the boat, going from here to there. The boat was having problems. Wind and waves. Apparently nobody could swim. Somebody finally woke up Jesus and asked him to fix the planet...is that all? With Jesus in the boat, they lost their faith? Que pasa, vacas?
4) Pulling fish from the other side of the boat - Working all day, coming up empty, another hungry night approacheth. Jesus suggests try on the other side of the boat. Might get some fish...kind of sketchy, still commonly reported as a miracle. Still brings out the stress today.
5) Healing at a distance - One man’s son was confined at home and unable to travel. The father came to Jesus and asked him to divert his activities to go to the house and touch his son. Jesus told him that due to his faith, his son was already whole. Go home and have dinner.
Last but not least-
Crucifixion. Or was that Work?
We’re praying for a miracle in Philadelphia today. For one of those heathens we still have. Just to aggravate the Mohammedans.